Videos are a great way to build rapport, showcase your services and outline your value to prospects partners and clients.
One of the best ways to get value from your videos is to send it prior to a meeting.
Using video as a pre-meeting introduction is Tip 18 of my 30 Ways to share your Videos.
There are several benefits to this idea.
1. It’s a great way to confirm the meeting. Sometimes we have meetings that are scheduled days and weeks in advance. The day before send an email to confirm the meeting and mention that you’ve attached a link to a short video which provides an overview of your business/ a case study of a similar client/ a product that they might be interested in. Work out what is the best video to send in this situation.
2. This allows the person (people) you are meeting with the chance to check you out. This is actually very helpful. You are providing them with that information they might need to otherwise search for to obtain an idea of how you might work together. People like to be prepared for meetings and you are helping them by sending this information. Essentially you are saying, “this is what I want you to know about us”.
3. This simple action shows you to be organised and professional.
4. You can impress the client with your services and products prior to the meeting.
5. You can build rapport prior to the meeting. If you feature in the video it enables the viewer an opportunity to get a sense of who you are and what you are like before you meet.
6. You enhance your credibility. The crazy thing is that if you appear on a video it has a sense of fame about it. You are a presenter and people take you seriously because you have appeared on camera. It doesn’t make you any smarter, any more credible or more of an expert, but the perspective is that you are. And perspective is reality.
7. It enables you to focus on them and their needs at the meeting. You don’t need to spend time at the meeting selling yourself or your services. Hopefully the video has already done that. You can now pay attention to their problems and their needs and how you can help. Most people are more prepared to purchase if they feel listened to and understood.
8. This is easy to replicate. You are sending a free digital asset and can do it every time for no cost.
9. It makes a great first impression.
10. You can also track how many times it has been viewed. Depending on what platform you are using you can see if they watched it all the way through, and if it was shared around the office.
As you can see sharing a link to a relevant video before a meeting is a no brainer. It helps the person you are meeting with and allows you to focus on them during the meeting and not worry about having to sell yourself as much.
Check out my other free tips on how to best leverage your videos below:
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE VIDEO TIPS
- 30 Types of video you can make to build your business
- 30 Ways to maximise your video return on investment
- 30 Ways to share your videos