Don’t use the valuable opening seconds of your videos to showcase your logo and highlight your brand. There’s no time for it.
Now more than ever you need to get straight to the point. If you are providing a solution then start with the pain you will be solving. Connect with you audience by discussing something they care about.
I still see videos with 5, 10, 15 second openers. They look lovely with amazing animation, but I usually don’t watch all of it because I’ve clicked away before the valuable information has started.
The only person who cares about your logo is you. Yes, you need to reinforce your branding but firstly you need to capture the attention of the audience. And you need to do that quickly.
Save the impressive 3D animations of your logo for the end.
Think about what do you want to your viewer to take away from watching your video.
- How quickly can you get to that point?
- Can you turn the entire narrative up on its head?
- What if you were to start with the end then work back from there to explain the other information your viewer needs?
- If there was only one thing you wanted your viewer to take away from your video and you only had 10 seconds to deliver that message, what would it be and how would you do it?
- Then if you had captured their attention and they were prepared to give you another 10 seconds then how would build upon that?
Each 5-10 seconds of relevant engaging content gives you the opportunity to provide some more useful information.
There are statistics on platforms such as Vimeo and Wistia that show you when engagement drops away from your videos. Make sure it doesn’t happen in the first 5-10 seconds.
To get on top of your Video Marketing Strategy download our Free three lists: